As promised: here are the details about the upcoming fashion competition by Lockwood Publishing!
The ShowOff Fashion Showdown will, undoubtedly, set new standards for future fashion competitions, so you definitely want to be a part of it!
Below, you will find the official ShowOff Showdown competition Rules - please read them very carefully. Also, check out the prize pics to see every PlayStation®Home Swag collector’s dream prize - a ShowOff T-Shirt and a copy of the winning image signed by the Lockwood Design Team.
Be sure to follow me on twitter, @homeboy79, and be sure to keep an eye out for an announcement from me on the dates and times of upcoming fashion photo & video shoots/ parties.
GOOD LUCK ALL YOU PIXELATED FASHIONISTAS!
Lockwood Fashion Competition Rules
Calling all show offs!
It’s time to exhibit your finery!
PlayStation ® Home’s acknowledged leaders in the world of virtual fashions (Lockwood Publishing) are launching a new competition for Playstation®Home users.
If you’re sure that blue is this year’s black which was last year’s brown.
If a runway is something more to you than something planes take off from.
If you fancy expanding your wardrobe with some official ShowOff merchandise then this is your time to shine.
Here’s how it works, all you need to do is take a shot of your Home Avatar in all their finery and e-mail it to us here at Lockwood Publishing.
The theme for the ShowOff competition is Best Dressed, so be as creative and artistic as you can in interpreting the theme and dress to impress. A shortlist of the best entries will be selected by Lockwood’s own design team and the winner will then be selected by a popular vote.
So strike like a wardrobe whirlwind and get snapping your Home avatar in their most breath taking outfit!
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Competition Rules (Terms & Conditions):
The Lockwood Publishing ShowOff Competition
How to enter:
To enter the competition you will need to submit an image of your Home Avatar in an outfit that best represents the competition theme of “Best Dressed”.
Entries should be sent to email@example.com with the Subject Line “Lockwood ShowOff Showdown (Best Dressed)”
Images should be sent as attachments in .jpg format and smaller than 500 KB.
The e-mail should include your:
- Real Name
- PSN ID
- PSN Region
If your entry is shortlisted please be aware that we will need to request a real world address for you so we can post through your prize and your preferred T-Shirt Size.
Only Submissions received between the 1st and 13th of June 2011 will be considered.
The shortlist will be selected by a team of expert judges here at Lockwood Publishing.
Entries will be judged on the following conditions:
i) The taste and creativity of the outfit the avatar is wearing
ii) The quality of the composition of the image overall (context is important folks)
iii) The interpretation of the competition theme “Best Dressed”
Once the shortlist is announced the finalists will have a week to encourage as many people as possible to vote for their entry.
Voting will take place between the 17th and 24th of June.
The overall winner of the ShowOff Showdown will receive a ShowOff T-Shirt and a copy of the winning image signed by the Lockwood Design Team.
Short listed entries will receive ShowOff T-Shirts
Terms & Conditions:
· This competition is open to all users with a valid Sony PlayStation®Home Account.
· While the competition may be administered and promoted via Facebook, Lockwood Publishing acknowledge (and by submitting an entry to this competition all participants in the competition also acknowledge) that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
· Images should be of .jpg Format.
· Images should be sent as attachments and no larger than 500 KB.
· All images should only contain content that would be appropriate for a family audience (Any images or text that are considered, in the judgement of Lockwood Publishing or Sony Computer Entertainment, to be overly suggestive, explicit or of an offensive nature will be disqualified).
· A shortlist will be selected by the Lockwood Team and posted on Facebook with the winners to be selected by popular vote.
· Lockwood Publishing reserves the right to disqualify or deny access to the competition to any user for any or no reason.
· All images submitted will be considered to be property of Lockwood Publishing and by entering the competition the person submitting the image to the competition is voluntarily relinquishing any and all copyright.
· By entering this competition you agree to abide by the rules and decisions of Lockwood Publishing in relation to this competition.
· Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) of companies within the Outso group of companies and any of their subsidiaries and/or agencies associated with this competition, any person connected with the administration or otherwise of the competition and/or prize where applicable, are ineligible to enter. Any such entries are invalid.
· The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
· Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information. E-mail entrants may enter the competition by sending an e-mail with the information indicated in the competition information and at the email address indicated. There is no charge for email entries. Please note that no confirmation message will be sent confirming receipt of your entry.
· Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Lockwood Publishing reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
· Lockwood Publishing cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Lockwood Publishing is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Lockwood Publishing’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
· Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Lockwood Publishing reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
· Prizes are awarded at Lockwood Publishing’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where Entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, Lockwood Publishing and/or the Competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if Entries are not of the requisite standard.
· Lockwood Publishing will attempt to notify the winner for up to 28 days after the closing date and time for entries to the competition, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as Lockwood Publishing shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. He/she will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text, e-mail, or postal address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Lockwood Publishing is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Lockwood Publishing reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
· Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the competition in a manner, which in Lockwood Publishing’s determination, is contrary to these terms and conditions or is fraudulent or unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the competition, hacking, cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Lockwood Publishing and/or any of its agents or representatives), may be rejected from the competition at Lockwood Publishing’s sole discretion.
· Lockwood Publishing’s reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Lockwood Publishing’s that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
· In the event of any dispute the decision of Lockwood Publishing will be final and binding
· The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England